Martha’s Counseling Services
I provide counseling for diabetes, pre-diabetes, high cholesterol, weight management, high blood pressure, sports nutrition, gastrointestinal health, IBS, PCOS, and preventative nutrition. I don’t believe in a “one size fits all approach” and therefore my nutrition recommendations are always individually tailored. My nutrition counseling sessions include the following:
- Obtain medical history
- Obtain info on your diet and lifestyle (how you are currently eating, what your day is like in terms of your schedule, what kinds of eating plans you have tried in the past, what kinds of foods you like, how certain foods make you feel, if you eat out a lot, where your problem areas are, details on your exercise program, etc.)
- You will receive individually tailored meal plans based on your goals, food preferences, lifestyle, medical conditions, etc.
- I will review your exercise program and make recommendations as needed
- We will discuss ways to modify your eating/exercise behaviors and come up with goals for you to work on.
Follow-up sessions are 30 minutes and will include:
Review of food records, review of goals, additional meal planning, problem solving and support.
- Phone and Skype sessions are available if you don’t live in the area.
- Follow up sessions can be done on the phone if needed. Many of my clients with hectic schedules prefer phone sessions. If you don’t live in area, we can do all sessions via phone/email.
- I am an out of network provider and will provide you with a form to submit to your insurance carrier. Payment is required at the time of service via check, cash, credit card or paypal. Some insurance companies will reimburse you depending upon your plan and diagnosis. Diabetes is the most commonly reimbursed diagnosis. I would recommend that you contact your company, tell them what your diagnosis is and that you were referred to a registered dietitian by your doctor. They should be able to tell you if you will be reimbursed.
- I have day and evening hours Monday through Friday. My office is located at 310 E. 72nd St., 2nd fl., New York, N.Y. 10021
- I am available to make house or office calls in the NYC area. There will be an additional charge for travel time.
- A 24 hour cancellation notice is required to avoid being billed.
- To set up an appointment or to learn about the fee schedule, call 212.879.5167 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 212.570.5888, attn Martha
Call me anytime and I can share more details on how I can help you meet your goals!
Check out my website MarthaMcKittrickNutrition.com for more info